Sunday, April 12, 2015

Reflection

As the season changes, so does the view around us. We can say the same thing about life as well. When life changes, so does the view around us. Or, so does our view of life. You see, for some people, the view can be the same, day in and day out. For others, the view is so far ahead that their current view doesn't do it any justice. There's a saying, "there's a reason why the windshield is bigger than the rear view mirror. Where you're going is far bigger than where you've been."

It's true! The plans God has are far more superior than what I think I have planned out for my life. So, we just moved from a house back to an apartment to save in stress and just to be a family. This will be the first time in 6 years that Amy and I will have been just us instead of having people live with us. Now we're just a family of 4 in this nice 3 bedroom apartment. So much stress went into the move which I'm pretty sure God is up there smiling at our pain :) 

His timing is perfect. He makes things happen because he's that dope! I worked a shift at Starbucks yesterday but was sick through the whole shift so I got sent home early. THANK YOU Kevan for getting me out of there!!! I had some stuff to do for the house and my biggest concern was finding a house for Kalua because we can't keep him at our apartment. My boy Pete lives in Seattle and has a huge backyard and says that he can house him until my brother ( if he still wants kalua) can take him after he gets married. HUGE BLESSING as we took kalua over and he made himself right at home. It's hard to say goodbye but I see myself making some weekend trips in the future to visit my pup :) 

Kingston came with me on the roadtrip and he makes for a good partner in crime. He's a pretty fun kid to be around.
I've never taken King on such a long journey by myself but he did pretty awesome. It's funny, your dreams in life after having kids start to become based on their future instead of yours not because they have to but because you love them so much and want to give them the world! As I drove up to seattle last night, I had a lot of time to think about their future and what I'm doing to prepare both Kingston and Kensley and ultimately how I'm setting Amy up for success to be  a Momtrepreneur :)

The sad reality is that I'm not. I've been thinking for myself these past couple years. My dreams have to change from a single bachelor mentality to that of a husband and father of 2. They don't have to, but when you grow up, your mentality stops looking in the rear view and starts looking through the windshield. See my dreams are for my kids to have a better life and for my wife to live a more fulfilling one. These past couple years I've been doing it all wrong. Everything had to be fulfilling for me. When in reality, what fulfills me is to take care of my family because that's where my heart is at. Pastor Chris Harold once said" the object of your vision will determine your hearts condition." This is so true! My heart is with my family. It's always been there. I've just been looking at the rear view  for so long that my I couldn't see the bigger picture of my life.

We all need that time to reflect and just be still (psalms 46:10)
My reflection began looking through the windshield and noticing all God had made. My rear view mirror had a car in it :) 
It all starts with a picture, and that picture changes when you add life to it. Don't be afraid of the unknown. You don't know what you can handle until it's in front of you. If you fail, great! There's different ways to skin a cat (maybe that's the wrong analogy to make)
I say that to say this. Your future is very valuable. Your current view is everything in your windshield. In time, if you're moving forward, that view changes. It changes a lot. Embrace it and conquer it. Be selfless! It's time to see life through the windshield and wonder what next  instead of living in the rear view and wonder what happened. 

Love Life!


No comments:

Post a Comment